54 Below, Adam Pascal, Bare, Billy Elliot, Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, Broadway, Cinderella, Company, DC Theatre, Euan Morton, Gavin Creel, Jason Robert Brown, Lauren Kennedy, Les Miserables, Little Shop of Horrors, Matilda, My Fair Lady, Norbert Leo Butz, Ragtime, Really Really, Shakespeare's R & J, The Book of Mormon, The Last Five Years, The Music Man, The Normal Heart, War Horse, Wicked
Oh what a month! Since my last post, I visited Signature Theatre for many more cabarets, I attended Arena Stage‘s final performances of The Music Man and The Normal Heart, I experienced Studio Theatre‘s spirited and thrilling rendition of Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, I finally saw Little Shop of Horrors thanks to Olney Theatre, and I had a fantastic, theatrical weekend in New York City. While in New York City, I saw my first cabaret outside of the DC area. I had the pleasure of attending Norbert Leo Butz’s Cabaret at 54 Below, featuring Lauren Kennedy, one of my favorite Broadway actresses. 54 Below has a terrific fall line up, and I enjoyed Norbert’s Cabaret so much that I will surely be back!
Now, I’m experiencing a bit of a theatre slump (I only have a few shows in the next few weeks), but it’s giving me the opportunity to plan for and get excited about the 2012-2013 season. I am looking forward to a number of shows in the DC area and in NYC.
In the DC area, I’m most excited about:
- Wicked coming to the Hippodrome October 3 – November 4
- War Horse coming to The Kennedy Center October 23 – November 11
- My Fair Lady coming to Arena Stage from November 2 – January 6
- Les Miserables 25th Anniversary Tour coming to the National Theatre December 12 – 30
- Billy Elliot coming to the Hippodrome December 18 – 30
- Euan Morton’s Cabaret at Signature Theatre January 9 – 12
- Shakespeare’s R&J coming to Signature Theatre February 5 – March 3
- Ragtime coming to the Kensington Arts Theatre in spring 2013
- Adam Pascal’s Cabaret on May 10 at The Kennedy Center
- Company coming to Signature Theatre May 21 – June 30
- The Book of Mormon coming to The Kennedy Center July 9 – August 18 (mostly because Gavin Creel is starring in the tour)
In the NYC area, I’m especially looking forward to:
- Bare beginning performances Off-Broadway at New World Stages on November 19
- Cinderella beginning performances on Broadway on January 21
- Really Really coming to the MCC Theater Theatre January 31 – March 10
- Matilda coming to Broadway March 4
- Jason Robert Brown’s The Last Five Years coming to Second Stage in spring 2013
It’s going to be a great season!